2023 Turnaround: Fuelled by people
January 30, 2023
People fuel our annual Turnaround. 2023 Turnaround is certainly no exception.
This year’s project will officially get underway April 1, 2023 and is expected to run for up to 60 days. During this time, we will welcome an additional 1,200 skilled trades personnel to our facility. As a team, we will work together to perform preventive maintenance, renovations and upgrades as part of the multi-million dollar project – ultimately allowing us to continue safe and reliable operations.
Protecting our people and our community
The success of our Turnaround is ultimately tied to our safety performance.
Safety will always be an important part of our operation and how we conduct our business. It is our collective responsibility as workers, support staff and contractors, to keep our site and our community safe. We’re committed to working closely with our people, partners, and local community to ensure that safety remains our top priority.
Putting people to work to keep everything working
We continue to emphasize the importance of planning and executing the project safely, while ensuring work is done to the highest standard. It is a time of heightened awareness and detailed planning. This includes:
- Performing safety critical maintenance and removing/reducing process hazard/risk
- Meeting regulatory (codes and standards) requirements
- Conducting equipment integrity inspections and repairing/replacing malfunctioning equipment
- Completing equipment replacements, upgrades and preventative maintenance program
- Changing catalyst to maintain operational targets
2023 Turnaround – just the facts
- Requires an estimated 510,000 person hours and an investment of more than $89 million.
- There will be more than 1,400 individuals involved in Turnaround. This includes staff at the Refinery Business Office and 1,200 additional skilled trades personnel on site.
- We will perform work on thousands of pieces of equipment.