Blending Engineer (Temporary 14 to 16 Month Term)
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
Fuel Your Career at the Co-op Refinery Complex. Our workforce of over 1000 employees operate a world-class refinery utilizing cutting-edge technology to produce 130,000 barrels of refined petroleum products per day. With an annual production capacity of 6.8 billion litres we are one of Canada’s largest refineries, distributing our products to more than 780 retail gas bar and cardlock locations from Vancouver Island to Northwestern Ontario. Our focus is on fueling our people to lead our industry in safety, reliability and sustainability. Join the Co-op Refinery Complex and help us, as We Fuel Western Canada.
FCL invites applications for the position of Blending Engineer (Temporary 14 to 16 Month Term) in our Co-op Refinery Complex located in Regina, Saskatchewan.
The primary responsibility of this position is to perform technical support tasks associated with planning and optimizing the operation of the Co-op Refinery Complex (CRC) in order to maximize earnings and ensure uninterrupted product availability to the Cooperative Retailing System (CRS).
Reporting to the Refined Products Blending Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Assist with the direction given for the blending of gasoline, diesel, and synthetic crude products.
- Assist with product blending and inventory control on a daily basis by monitoring and reporting on production rates, sales rates, inventory levels, and product qualities.
- Assist with the formulation of product blends that meet product quality specifications.
- With guidance from senior members of the department, this position will direct Pumping and Blending staff to execute product blends and product movements by means of daily orders.
- Assist with the coordination, procurement, tracking, price, storage, dosage and effectiveness of chemicals required for finished product blending.
- Coordinate lab analysis of sales tanks for certification and request lab analysis of component tanks for blend calculations and quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering is required and 1-5 years of related industry experience is preferred. Applicants must be eligible for membership in the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS) as an Engineer in Training (EIT) or Professional Engineer (P.Eng).
CRC offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Jan 21 2019Apply