COMMUNITY INVESTMENT FUND
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a co-operative that supports other co-operatives that serve people in Western Canada. We are a local employer and part of the Co-operative Retailing System which, along with about 180 independent retail co-operatives, helps build, feed and fuel communities.
We care about our families, friends and neighbours, as well as the communities where we live, work and play. FCL’s Community Investment Fund supports community programs and organizations that matter to our employees. This fund is administered by employee-led committees in Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon and Winnipeg.
To apply for funding, projects must meet the following criteria:
- Be a registered non-profit or charitable organization
- Support charitable projects or events that are making an impact in the communities of Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon and Winnipeg
Projects ineligible for funding include:
- Religious or politically affiliated organizations;
- Sports-related events (e.g. golf tournaments).
- Marketing sponsorship requests
- Projects located outside of Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon and Winnipeg
- Capital funding requests (see Co-op Community Spaces Program)
- Third party fundraising requests
Quarterly funding deadlines:
- March 31
- June 30
- September 30
- December 31
All organizations will be contacted regarding the status of their application once the committees have made their quarterly funding decisions. Please allow six to eight weeks for turnaround after the application deadline. Please direct questions and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Applications may be submitted throughout the year, but funding will only be awarded on a quarterly basis.