Business Analyst- Human Resources
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 200 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Business Analyst-Human Resources in our home office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
As a systems subject matter expert, the Business Analyst – Human Resources is responsible for improving and maintaining operations, delivery of key projects, and plays a lead role in enabling the change management process for assigned business initiatives. This includes the review and analysis of current processes, business needs/requirements, and system capabilities, and providing recommended solutions. This position acts as the key liaison between the technology, application, and business support teams, Human Resources (HR), and retails.
Reporting to the Business Analysis Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Provide system subject matter expertise in improving and maintaining operations, delivery of key projects and/or completing the project life cycle for assigned initiatives.
- Plan, organize, and conduct business process improvement projects and/or management reviews of the HR Department.
- Conduct business readiness assessments prior to implementation and plan/execute as per customer selected deployment work streams to generate specific deliverables.
- Analyze and critically evaluate information from multiple sources and determine a solution for competing stakeholder views and needs.
- Prepare impact analysis and analyze the feasibility of, and develop requirements for new systems/system enhancements to ensure the system design aligns with user needs.
- Act as the key liaison for technology initiatives that impact HR processes and/or financial and management reporting.
- Communicate with HR business unit leadership and team members about upcoming changes, project scope, schedule, issues, and recommendations and facilitate the delivery of decisions to evolve and move the business forward
- Lead a review of existing HR business processes and develop “as is” and “to be “process models.
- Lead and act as a change agent for assigned initiatives, including identifying and communicating change impact.
- Develop end user training and education materials, and contribute to the development of webinars, eLearning, and manuals.
- Provide leadership and guidance for training on new systems, including consolidating information into understandable correspondence.
- Provide analysis, alternatives, and recommendations for required software customization.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor Degree in Business/Commerce, Computer Science, IT Mathematic of Finance. Additionally, a candidate with broad business acumen with 5-7 years of experience working with information technology and HRIS applications, including 1+ years of experience in data integration and analysis. A proficient knowledge in business process development and implementation as well as quality assurance processes is also required. IIBA certification or equivalent training and experience is considered an asset.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mar 27 2019Apply