Business Analyst, Finance and Risk Management
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Business Analyst, Finance and Risk Management in our home office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
The Business Analyst, Finance and Risk Management is responsible for leading business process improvement initiatives, project life cycle completion, and change management for assigned Finance, Tax, or Risk Management initiatives. This includes the review and analysis of current processes, business needs/requirements, and system capabilities. This will facilitate collaborative feedback between Innovation and their business unit during the development and implementation of new technology and/or processes
Reporting to the Business Analysis Manager, Finance and Risk Management, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Lead and in some cases complete the project life cycle and play a key role in enabling the change management process for assigned Finance, Tax, or Risk Management initiatives. In collaboration with various Managers/Senior Managers within F&RM, scope and complete various projects in support of business unit objectives. Provide planning research and analytical skills to ensure that projects are completed in a comprehensive and timely fashion.
- Manage timelines/schedules for projects. Interact with stakeholders at all levels. Provide reporting and project updates to AVP and Senior Managers, F&RM. Maintain the F&RM project portfolio and dashboard. Provide formal and informal project updates as requested.
- Review and analysis of current processes, business needs/requirements, system capabilities, data integration, development and testing of models and reports/visuals and provide recommended solutions. Conduct functional testing and user acceptance testing to ensure needs are met.
- Provide ongoing support and collaborative feedback to both Innovation and their business unit during the development and implementation of new technology and/or processes. Act as a liaison between the technology, business, and application support teams. Work with developers, technical teams, applications teams, project managers, organizational change managers and vendors through the entire life cycle of project initiatives. Perform user needs analysis, requirements gathering and documentation, software fit/gap analysis, and participate in system design, testing and implementation.
- Lead and act as a change agent for assigned initiatives, including identifying and communicating change impact. Work with business unit leadership and team members to analyze the impact of changes, assess the potential implications, and develop an approach to facilitate the adoption.
- Provide or co-ordinate subject matter expertise in completing and/or managing the project life cycle for assigned initiatives including a gap analysis and resolution for user needs and software fit; gathering, documenting, prioritizing and communicating requirements; and participating in vendor selection, system design, testing and implementation.
- Develop end user training and education materials, and contribute to the development of webinars, eLearning, and manuals. Lead end user training.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree with a preference for Accounting or Finance. 3-5 years of accounting/finance experience. CPA considered an asset.
A combination of education and work experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
May 24 2019Apply