Administrative Assistant, Organizational Learning (temporary, up to 10 months)
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Administrative Assistant, Organizational Learning (temporary, up to 10 months) in our home office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Provide high quality and confidential administrative assistance to the Organizational Learning department in a high volume environment. This includes creating/updating, gathering, and distributing documentation (letters, training material, memos, documents, HR systems and emails) and reports utilizing the most efficient available technology and processing within prescribed deadlines. There can be multiple tasks required at one time. Maintain effective communications with management and non-management employees across the retails, as well as external stakeholders.
Reporting to the Talent Development Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Create/update and distribute documentation, letters, memos, quarterly reports and emails using Word/Excel/PowerPoint/email. Ensure processes are completed in a confidential, accurate, and expedited manner. Organize and prioritize jobs as there can be multiple deadlines at one time. Create and manage registrations and provide onsite support for workshops. This includes setting up the room, preparing materials, ordering catering, drafting agendas, and setting up AV equipment. Act as the point of contact for offsite workshops and coordinate logistics (ex. region offices, hotels, etc.).
- Prepare and ship materials required by Federated Co-operatives Limited Learning Facilitators to deliver workshops to CRS employees. This includes preparation of workshop participation certificates.
- Process Learning and Development Retainer, billings (management development), trainee’s expense claims, and process educational assistance claims on mainframe and/or manually within time sensitive deadlines. Ensure a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality. Collaborates with region representatives to ensure that necessary documentation is accurate and provided when processing training program claims.
- Update all necessary spreadsheets used for reporting and tracking purpose for internal and external stakeholders. This includes Educational Assistance, certificate tracking, workshop schedules, inventory tracking, Lending Library, and expense training claims.
- Respond to administrative Organizational Learning related inquiries from internal stakeholders, retail employees (i.e. participants, trainers, trainees, coordinators, HR) Regions, and Home Office, as well as external stakeholders (ex. external facilitators, training facilities coordinators, hotel representatives) via email, telephone, and in person. This also includes distributing communications and gathering/summarizing responses as required by the Organizational Learning department.
- Anticipate, coordinate, and maintain department supplies, inventories of brochures/manuals. Distribute orientation material (ex. Learning Opportunities information) to retails, Regions and CRC as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have One year Business Administration Certificate (or related). 1-3 years of administration experience. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft products (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word).
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mar 28 2019Apply