Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Operations Specialist in our home office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Under the direction of the Home & Building Solutions Operations and Business Development Manager, the Operations Specialist will assist the various HABS Managers and Director with completing a variety of projects identified in the business plan. The Operations Specialist will effectively gather information, organize and analyze the data and provide recommendations/findings to the management group who will then decide on the best course of action.
Reporting to the Operations and Business Development Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Provide support to the HABS Managers throughout the development and implementation of planned programs. This will include taking a lead role in board, SLT and retail presentations. Required to create and facilitate presentations for both region and retails regarding HABS programs. Messaging to regions and retails must be clear, concise and consistent. Create, update and maintain the progress of the vision and strategy document as required. This will include monitoring the status and reporting to the HABS managers.
- Under the direction of the Operations and Business Development Manager, and in collaboration with various stakeholders, develop and maintain the necessary programs and spreadsheets to support new programs and initiatives. Sort, organize and collate all the information into a user friendly format. May include developing/assembling presentation materials or other promotional literature. This will include gathering, creating and reporting on retail operational data (i.e. sales matrix, multi-material charges, etc.). Update Home Centre sales matrix to inform benchmarking and measure operations. Calculate rebates for independent accounts and TGP on a quarterly basis. Create, maintain and analyze reports and provide guidance and recommendations on system wide metrics for the CRS. Act as a point of contact in assisting region in trouble shooting problems with tools such as the sales matrix.
- Assist the HABS Managers in developing tools to monitor and track all department environmental program requirements. Perform research and analysis, as well as provide recommendations to the Operations and Business Development Manager on how the HABS department can become more environmentally sustainable. Gather vendor sales and make independent decisions on vendor claims and reversals based on vendor history.
- With the support of the Operations and Business Development Manager assist in the HABS department monthly and quarterly sales reporting. Forecast quarterly sales for the HABS department that are reviewed by Operations and Business Development Manager. Develop long term (5+ years) projections for sales for the HABS department which are used to inform future recommendations.
- Collect the necessary information to lead the HABS team in the completion of the Annual Operating Budget.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor of Commerce. 1 - 3 years of retail sales/marketing experience. Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are an asset.
A combination of education and work experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
May 24 2019Apply