Marketing Coordinator (Temporary, Up to 13 months)
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Marketing Coordinator in our home office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the on-time delivery of all FCL Commodity projects, which includes utilizing the project management system WorkGroups Davinci, to establish timelines, coordinate workflow ensure that projects are completed on time and to the client’s expectations. This individual is also responsible for communicating project status to clients, internal stakeholders and the Marketing Supervisor as well as for procuring all inputs needed for all projects, whether that’s working with an in-house print shop or a third party vendor. Projects would encompass all tactics including digital, social and print. The Project Coordinator ensures that the Marketing and Communications team delivers professional products consistent with FCL’s corporate branding and meets or exceeds the expectations of clients, which includes building positive relationships with stakeholders through timely dialogue and exchange of information enhancing overall organizational effectiveness.
Reporting to the Marketing Supervisor, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Act as a point of contact in supports of the Marketing & Communications team and its clients by coordinating the omni-channel marketing requirements needed to fulfill the needs of a multi-commodity integrated marketing calendar.
- Lead project initiation meetings along with the design team to capture needs of the project sponsor and map out project timelines and communicate timelines to stakeholders by ensuring timelines are maintained, deadlines are met, and goals achieved based on the strategies developed by the Marketing and Communications team.
- Develop an appropriate budget and communicate the budget to the project sponsor. Coordinate printing of advertising materials and development of digital media tools for all projects to determine whether they are printed in-house or sourced out to a third party vendor.
- The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for tracking and reporting on all FCL Commodity projects using the WorkGroups Davinci project management system, leading discussion of his/her area of responsibility in production meetings, and maintaining jobs in the queue. Coordination will involve Marketing and Communications Managers and FCL Commodities.
- Works with the Administrative Marketing Team by providing key information on distributions, project scope, printing requirements and billing details.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor of Commerce in Marketing or relevant post-secondary degree and 3-5 years of related experience. Preference for a printing, media, agency, procurement or project management background.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Jan 21 2019Apply