Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Data Analyst in our home office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Reporting to the Analytics Manager, the Data Analyst works collaboratively with the I&A team, FCL and Retail Organizational Leaders and Managers to understand business objectives, solve business problems, and provide actionable insights and recommendations that support Co-operative Retail System (CRS) growth initiatives, corporate performance management, resource planning and investment decisions informing business strategy at multiple levels: enterprise, business line, and retail. Business insights and recommendations presented will mitigate risk by providing FCL/CRS leadership with quality data-driven insight that will better inform the efficient and effective allocation of organizational resources in terms of people, time and money.
Reporting to the Analytics Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Project Intake and Scoping: Responsible for project intake including translating stakeholder business requirements into appropriate analytical problems. Clearly define research objectives, scope, and develop methodological framework for all business problems. Assess industry best practices and incorporate in processes as appropriate.
- Data Management and Analysis: Acquire, integrate and manage a variety of business line, retail and enterprise level data that is required to provide analytic services to stakeholders (i.e., includes internal member data, transaction data, retail statistics, Insights primary research, as well as other external competitor and market data). Assess for data quality and reporting process gaps and collaborate with FCL functional area stakeholders, enterprise information management (IT), region, retail and I&A team members, as required, to ensure the best quality data (this includes aligned processes for data collection, data definition and business reporting rules). Utilizing a suite of business analytic tools, analyze and interpret data-driven insights. Maintain supporting process documentation.
- Reporting: Focusing on stakeholder requirements, develop and deliver customized and comprehensive reporting solutions; i.e., reports, maps, dashboards, formal presentations, etc. Present information in a manner that can be understood at all levels, has a relevant business application, with insights and recommendations that can be actioned by the stakeholder.
- Understanding markets and customers: Support the CRS in executing customer-centric focused strategies by undertaking work to understand Co-op’s markets and customers and identifying growth opportunities. This may include deliverables such as analysis of CRS membership trends, market segmentation or competitive analysis, among others.
- Performance Measurement: Working collaboratively within and across FCL and retails, develop, build, distribute and maintain processes that track and report key performance measures in support of strategic initiatives. Examples may include deliverables such as key retail statistics and KPIs, marketing campaign effectiveness (ROI), digital channel performance, among others.
- Other Duties: Assessment and trialing of business analysis and reporting software, consultation with external vendors/data sources, provision of analytic insight to primary research projects, and other ad hoc research projects as required.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor degree, with a preference for business, economics, planning or related field. 3 - 5 years’ experience in business or marketing/retail analytics (or other relevant work experience) with focus on creating and communicating insights.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Dec 21 2018Apply