Crop Input Coordinator (Temporary, up to 16 months)
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Crop Input Coordinator (Temporary, up to 16 months) in our home office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
The Crop Input Coordinator is a shared resource of the Crop Protection and Seed Managers. The Coordinator plays the lead role in development, maintenance and utilization of business analytic tools for the crop protection, seed and inoculant portfolios. The role is responsible for developing analytics related to market trends within the CRS (relative performances of vendors, active ingredients, brands, market segments, etc.) and performance against business targets (sales to inventory ratios, sales vs budget/plan and resulting impacts to rebates and margin, etc.). The coordinator plays a supportive role to the Crop Protection and Seed Managers in procurement, business planning, promo development and sales for the greater portfolios. Related duties to include all aspects of CI data management, and championing promo development, structure and formatting. Approximate annual travel required – 5%.
Reporting to the Crop Protection Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- To provide support to the Crop Protection and Seed Managers in the interpretation and adaptation of vendor wholesale offers/market letters to FCL business planning and activities;
- Responsible for formatting and structure of the promotional documents and proofing replenisher entries.
- Responsible for the organization of the crop protection portfolio into item hierarchy by several criteria including market segment and vendor, for analysis purposes.
- The Crop Input Coordinator is the department lead for business analysis processes related to the Crop Protection, Seed and Inoculant portfolios;
- Sales History – The role is responsible for compilation and maintenance of FCL and CRS sales history data for the purposes of program reconciliations, industry reporting, business planning and support of the Crop Supplies Retail Operations Analyst.
- Forecasting – The role is responsible for structure, format and compilation of retail purchase/OTG forecasts at several points throughout the year.
- Other reporting as required – YTD Tracking, monthly revenue/margin, inflation, utilization of retail position statement reports.
- Assist the Bulk Seed Merchant in executing this line of business with seed growers and retailers. The Coordinator plays a supportive role to the Bulk Seed Merchant and as such is expected to be fully versed and involved in the planning and direction for this portion of the Seed portfolio.
- Liaise with seed growers and retails to confirm purchases; execute purchase orders and work orders to transact business; process grower invoices; invoice retails; assist with development and distribution of weekly price list to retails, which includes obtaining prices from seed growers and using standard mark ups to determine price; etc.
- The Crop Input Coordinator is the department lead for supporting Ag retails on regulatory compliance. Working in concert with the Safety and Regulatory Manager who develops and updates content, the role organizes and communicates support documents and tools related to Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG), Agrichemical Warehousing Standards Association (AWSA) and National Fire Code. This position, with support from others, is also responsible for the Retail Stock Transfer Form and Master List of Crop Protection Items, and MSDS file updates.
The successful candidate will have a University Degree in Agriculture or Business. 3 – 5 years of experience in the Agriculture industry. Experience working with Crop Inputs in a sales, operations management, merchandising, or marketing capacity is required. Advanced to expert level skills with Microsoft Excel and organizing large data sets.
A combination of education and work experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
May 24 2019Apply