Building Products Specialist
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Building Products Specialist in the Home and Building Solutions department at Home Office in Saskatoon, SK.
The Building Products Specialist will be responsible for providing support to the Category Manager of Direct Building Products in managing the rebate process, the LBMX EDI invoicing system and completing and maintaining FCL vendor program contracts. Working closely with Category Manager, the Building Products Specialist will be responsible for the development of reports and processes based on Mi9 point of sale data from Retail Co-operatives in Western Canada and presenting this information in a manner that will be used to support strategic initiatives. The Building Products Specialist will be instrumental in completing analytics on retail rebate recovery as compared to purchases of direct building products and developing action plans to enhance rebates which will be communicated to the region sales team for execution. The role will also work closely with the Category Manager in the development and utilization of reporting from the LBMX EDI system to provide insight on retail purchase patterns as compared to program trends and develop marketing strategies accordingly. Some travel may be required.
- Responsible for the prompt and accurate management of the building products processes and programs. This includes:
- Ensuring accurate and timely processing of ILDC and FCL program rebates.
- Managing all aspects of the Building Products LBMX EDI invoicing system to ensure accuracy and efficiency and timely processing of retail invoices. Work towards 100% vendor compliance with EDI to benefit internal efficiency and to better analyze purchase history and trends.
- Responsible for annual updates of FCL vendor contracts which includes renegotiating of contracts. With guidance from the Category Manager Direct Building Products target specific vendors and negotiate program gains. Communicate vendor program updates to the CRS on a regular basis.
- Develop reporting tools and perform ongoing analysis of retail point of sale data as it pertains to direct building product categories. Provide data to various stakeholders to provide insight and assist in the decision making process. Develop processes for analyzing and presenting data to stakeholders.
- Complete analysis of retail rebate recovery as compared to purchases and provide the region sales team with metrics of retail comparisons in order to determine gaps in program support and the resulting shortfalls in rebate recovery.
- Create and monitor industry reports that impact CRS business and support the HABS Departments’ understanding and responsiveness to key trends and economic factors impacting the industry. Report frequency includes: daily, weekly & monthly reporting responsibilities.
- Assist the building products procurement team in implementing protocols and standard operating procedures for the HABS department. Provide support in the development, maintenance and improvement of weekly bulletins, retail booking forms and order processes.
- Provide backup support for the Category Manager for the sourcing, negotiation and program development of vendor programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a Degree in Commerce. 3-5 years’ experience in a commodity industry. Retail/wholesale hardware or building materials industry experience is preferred. Extremely well organized, strong communicator, customer service oriented and proficient in Microsoft Office.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mar 25 2019Apply