Regional Grow Team Advisor (Southern Saskatchewan)
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for Regional Grow Team Advisor for the Southern Saskatchewan Region. This is one of a team of five newly created positions within our Crop Supplies team. A Regional Grow Team Advisor (GTA) is an industry-leading technical agronomy expert who strengthens the CRS’s business growth in crop protection, seed, ag technology, and fertilizer products and services. They are integral in supporting our Grow Team’s vision of being a community of trusted advisors who are passionate about agronomy and helping their farm customers succeed. Regular daily travel is required within the Southern Saskatchewan region.
Reporting to the Knowledge & Innovation Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Identify regional agronomic training needs and then develop and deliver regional agronomic training. Provide technical advice to retail Grow Team agronomists, either through one-on one or regional sessions, on proper crop, herbicide, and nutrition planning and management, field scouting, harvest management and record keeping. In conjunction with the Knowledge and Innovation team, provide input into the development, coordination and communication of centralized agronomic training tools, events and resources.
- Provide technical advice and sales guidance on farms calls and grower meetings, as planned by the retail agro manager, agronomists, and Regional Marketing Manager. Work with the Crop Supplies and Fertilizer teams to identify opportunities for sales and agronomy coaching.
- Working with Knowledge and Innovation Manager, lead the Innovation Field Trial project regionally, from protocol planning and trial allocations, to data collection and sharing to ensure consistent trial execution.
- Support Grow Team agronomists on all aspects of 4R nutrient management. Drive adoption of 4R and sustainable agronomy metric assessment. Promote the benefits of 4R and sustainable agronomy with grower customers on farm calls, at grower meetings, or in technical marketing pieces.
- Coach Grow Team agronomists on effective use and full adoption of CRS supported digital ag platforms, such as agrē, for crop planning, scouting, and field record keeping.
- Under guidance from the Knowledge and Innovation Manager, evaluate and provide advice on CRS market potential for new ag technology, such as novel applications of remote imagery or digital farming innovations.
The successful candidate will have 8+ years of agriculture experience; 5 of which are in field agronomy and a Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (however a Master of Science degree is preferred). Experience in training, ag technology, and/or field trials are considered an asset. Must be a Professional Agrologist and either has, or is willing to obtain, Certified Crop Advisor and 4R designations. Travel up to 80% is required within the region, however it will primarily consist of daytime travel.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Jan 31 2019Apply