Regional Crop Supplies Analyst (Temporary, up to 1 year)
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 200 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Regional Crop Supplies Analyst in our Region Office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
The Regional Crop Supplies Analyst will establish an influential business relationship with retail co-ops and region personnel that drive behaviour and sales growth. They will discover retail business opportunities through the analysis of market share data and resolve obstacles such as training needs and relationship issues between the retails, suppliers, and FCL. This position will support accurate and timely reporting of forecast, inventory and sale and coordinate with Regional Crop Supplies Marketing Manager, retails and supplier partners to develop and execute programs to meet the Crop Supplies Business Plan. Approximate annual travel of 15% required.
Reporting to the Regional Crop Supplies Marketing Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Analyze data for retails in the Crop Input business for all regions and identify opportunities where one product line reports a lower share compared to other product line sales at that retail and share findings with the appropriate Regional Crop Supplies Marketing Manager.
- Support growth opportunities at existing retail locations utilizing market share data provided by Crop Supplies Marketing Manager.
- Work with Regional Teams to develop customer sales mapping for participating retails and analyze the maps to discover commodity opportunities by customer for participating retail and share findings with the appropriate Regional Crop Supplies Marketing Manager and Regional Crop Input Sales Coordinator. Assist Regional Teams in building strategic plans to capture share and mapping opportunities.
- Provide marketing and business support to Retail Sales Coordinators including, lead list splitting/group emails, lead list follow up to support execution and CSIS balancing. Provide support to retails on gathering and submitting data to AgCollect and Kenna and provide guidance through data validation to minimize issues. Provide in-office support to RSCs to fulfil retail requests for ETA, searching for orders, invoicing issues, pricing issues.
- Plan and execute the region training budget to support new platforms and product training within the region.
- Manage region responsibilities for product recalls and seed/inoculant returns
- Assist with booking recap checking CI and AE.
- Provide support in the planning and execution of annual Retail Call Reports. Maintain and compile events and deadlines for retail communication. Responsible for the monthly retail email to drive appropriate retail behaviour and business practices.
- Support margin calculator and forecasting tool by testing for errors and supporting retail users. Provide final forecast back to retail in functioning pivot table.
- Grow personal product knowledge and sales/business knowledge through internal and external training opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a university degree in Business or Agriculture with 2-3 years of experience in the agriculture industry.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Feb 25 2018Apply