Mechanic II (2 vacancies)
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Mechanic II (2 vacancies) in our office located in Regina, Saskatchewan.
The Shop Service Mechanic II role at Petroleum Facilities is to provide repair, maintenance, and fabrication services for a variety of projects that will enhance the CRS rolling stock and facilities across Western Canada.
Reporting to the Shop Supervisor, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- To perform mechanical services on retail delivery units and semi-trailer units such as checking and rebuilding of pumps and meters, mounting PTO's, test and repair piping and fittings as required.
- To service and repair Petroleum Distribution semi-trailer units.
- To install and/or transfer tanks on retail delivery units.
- To install and troubleshoot truck mounted fuel management equipment.
- To perform aluminum cutting, welding, and fitting on aluminum tanks and equipment.
- To weld steel piping and manufacture loading racks, light poles, etc., as required.
- Complete tests required by Transport Canada on cargo tanks and associated equipment.
- To perform government inspections on commercial trailers as per regulatory requirements.
- To operate, maintain and service steamer.
- To be responsible for preventative maintenance of shop equipment and tools.
- To be familiar with and observe department rules and regulations regarding equipment, tools and safety
- To perform housekeeping duties as assigned.
- To give direction in the absence of Shop Supervisor and Service Mechanic III to other shop service mechanics.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a High school education (or equivalent). Mechanical diploma or trade certification considered an asset. Minimum 4 years of experience required. SGI Trailer Signing Technician required. Steel and aluminum welding experience required. Mechanical aptitude required. Excellent communication skills. Class 3A or 1A drivers license considered an asset. Transportation Dangerous Goods Certificate considered an asset. Recognized post secondary Air Brake training course considered an asset.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Jun 24 2019Apply