Fertilizer Terminal Operator (Temporary, up to 8 months; may be extended to Full Time)
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Fertilizer Terminal Operator (Temporary, up to 8 months; may be extended to Full Time) in our Fertilizer Terminal located in Hanley, Saskatchewan.
The Fertilizer Terminal Operator assists in the day-to-day operations of the Fertilizer Terminal. This includes, monitoring and operating terminal equipment to load/unload product, performing housekeeping/maintenance, and complying with safety standards. Work hours may vary at times.
Reporting to the Fertilizer Terminal Supervisor, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Monitor and operate process equipment and computerized control systems involved with the shipping and receiving of fertilizer products. Enter data into fertilizer blending equipment when required.
- Operate front-end loader to ensure transportation is on schedule, loadout inventories match scheduled daily demand, inspection shows no signs of possible contamination, and is accompanied by completed shipping documentation.
- Assist with rail coordination by safely operating a track mobile and/or railcar opener to unload bulk unit trains. Once unloaded, ensure storage bins meet required inventory levels.
- Perform general housekeeping operations in buildings and terminal grounds. Perform light repair and maintenance when required.
- Respond to customers concerns, and report any difficult concerns to Fertilizer Terminal Supervisor. Assist the Supervisor in identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Monitor and manage quality controls (ex. oiling dusty product), screen outbound and inbound, run conditioners, and clean/maintain equipment and work floors.
- Identify current/potential maintenance issues and report to supervisor, complete scale crosschecks to verify scale weights are regulated, and assist with terminal weigh overs and audits as required.
- Participate in safety meetings, plant inspections, and task observations. Ensure pre-checks and safe works plans are in place (ex. JSA, permit requests, etc.).
- Maintain clean shipping and receiving area to prevent contamination of fertilizer products and ensure full compliance with safety procedures and personal protective equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a Grade 12 Diploma and 3 – 5 years of relevant experience preferred, this includes 3+ years working with mobile equipment. Experience in agriculture and/or a fertilizer handling facility preferred. Excellent communication and people skills, mechanical aptitude of terminal maintenance and repair, and knowledge of fertilizer agro products are an asset. Mobile equipment certifications and first aid training is an asset.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
Note: Temporary Full-time for up to 8 months, hours may fluctuate based on season and need; may be extended to Full Time.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apr 19 2019Apply