Knowledge & Innovation Coordinator (Temporary, up to 16 months)
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Knowledge and Innovation Coordinator (temporary, up to 16 months) in our home office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
The Knowledge and Innovation Coordinator owns development and coordination of Crop Supplies’ hosted training events to help achieve the Crop Supplies’ business goal of becoming the ag industry’s trusted advisor. This role supports the promotion and maintenance of the Grown with Purpose platform, supports the retails in day-to-day operations of our Precision Ag offering including billing, rebates, and general inquiries, and supports the Grow Team Advisors (GTA) in coordination of regional training events and field trials. Finally, the incumbent is responsible for the administration, coordination, and successful implementation of the Excellence in Ag program. This role is key in providing value to the Co-op Grow and Equip Teams and creating a culture supportive of continuing professional development and innovation within the Co-operative Retailing System (CRS). Annual travel of 10% required.
Reporting to the Knowledge and Innovation Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Help build the confidence of specialty teams (Grow, Equip) through training events, tools, and resource development and delivery. The Knowledge and Innovation Coordinator works with the Knowledge and Innovation Manager (K&I), GTAs, and Crop Supplies managers
- Lead the coordination, implementation, and communication of the Excellence in Ag program in consultation with the Knowledge and Innovation Manager. This includes, but is not limited to documenting an annual plan of execution; tracking and projecting expense budget; promoting among and recruiting supportive host retails; screening student applications; coordinating and participating in student interviews; placement of successful candidates; coordinating and implementing pre-season training, weekly summer conference calls, and student orientation; maintaining and sharing training plan; and representing the program at targeted recruitment events. In addition, the Coordinator ensures program documents (marketing, policy, and letters of offer) are accurate and current, and that the process is clearly communicated to Region and retails. The Knowledge and Innovation Coordinator is the main contact for selected students and must provide a positive and educational experience for all Excellence in Ag stakeholders.
- Assist the K&I Manager and GTAs in the coordination and deployment of ag tech projects.
- Supporting the maintenance and promotion of the farm sustainability platform, Grown with Purpose, to achieve department goals and further develop and realize program potential. Working collaboratively with marketing and GTAs, empower Grow Team members to utilize and promote the online platform, implement program improvements with IT, and develop support materials for use in grower conversations about the tool.
- Support the marketing and communications plan to promote the innovative expertise of the Co-op Agro brand and teams.
- Responsible for monthly updates of the budget tracker for the Knowledge and Innovation budget, including conducting program and budget needs analysis. Responsible for processing Knowledge and Innovation invoices, and when necessary, receiving tuition or supplier recovery, and issuing credit memos.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a University Degree, preference for Business or Agriculture. 3 - 5 years agricultural industry experience; agriculture background would be an asset.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mar 22 2019Apply