Senior Human Resources Specialist, Total Rewards (temporary, up to 6 months)
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Senior Human Resources Specialist, Total Rewards (temporary, up to 6 months) in our home office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Provides broad subject matter expertise in the implementation of total rewards structures, programs, and policies to support the attainment of business objectives. Evaluates holistic total rewards program design changes and new programs for key projects by researching best practices, and analyzing impact across all areas of risk. Prepares recommendations for Total Rewards leadership on benchmarking processes, dashboards and reports for total rewards programs for the purpose of trending the ongoing costs and functionality of the programs.
Reporting to the Retail Compensation Project Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Leads and conducts research, analyzes data and proactively considers all impacts and risks (best practices, legal, regulatory, internal and external systems, Labour Relations)in order to develop recommendations for total rewards program design changes and new programs.
- Leads key project initiatives as identified in the HR business planning process including the development of recommendations on benchmarking processes, dashboards and reports for total rewards programs, the evaluation and development of recommendations (analyzing all impacts) for new programs.
- Provides knowledge transfer and mentorship to Total Rewards teams on policies and best practices in conjunction with the Total Rewards leadership team. Evolves, presents and educates business areas on assigned Total Rewards initiatives and projects including development of enhanced total rewards education.
- Work strategically and collaboratively with internal business partners to support total rewards projects and programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field such as commerce, economics, statistics, or accounting/finance. 5-8 years of compensation and benefits experience with out of which 3+ years has exposure to projects related to compensation & benefits. CPHR or CEBS designations considered an asset.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apr 26 2019Apply