Social Responsibility Advisor (Temporary, up to 18 months)
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Social Responsibility Advisor (Temporary, up to 18 months) in the Social Responsibility department at the Home Office in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
The Social Responsibility Advisor will support the execution of philanthropic and community investment programming that will enable FCL and the Co-operative Retailing System to leverage and enhance Co-op’s Community Minded brand value. The Social Responsibility Advisor will be responsible for program management, improving processes and managing relationships and communications with internal and external partners.
Reporting to the Social Responsibility Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Leads the project management, execution, and enhancement of social responsibility programs including Co-op Community Spaces. Supports and consults with other business units to develop, implement and execute strategic community giving programs.
- Collaborate to plan and execute communications and marketing plans and events related to Social Responsibility programming.
- Lead the project management, execution and communications planning in support of FCL’s Community Investment Fund and FCL’s Community Builders Program. Support other FCL specific community giving initiatives such as the United Way campaign and other employee-led giving initiatives.
- Responsible for managing the status of incoming community donation requests using corporate community investment software. Daily interaction with internal and external customers to explain the application processes, program objectives and eligibility guidelines.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting Key Performance Indicators related to philanthropic giving portfolio. Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a post-secondary degree. 3 to 5 years’ experience of community investment/social responsibility, project management, or marketing experience. A strong understanding of the co-operative business model, particularly the Co-operative Retailing System, is a strong asset. Training or certification in project management (PMP) and/or public relations would be an asset.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Jan 23 2019Apply