Senior Systems Architect
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Senior Systems Architect in our home office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
The Senior Systems Architect’s role is to strategically design and implement enterprise systems architectures for corporate IT systems within a diverse business environment and application landscape. Responsible for ensuring that the information needs of the organization are supported by IT systems architectures that aid the organization in achieving its strategic goals, as well as to evaluate and select tools/technologies required to complete those plans. Responsible for deploying overseeing the organization’s cloud computing strategy. This includes cloud adoption plans, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring, and overseeing application architecture and deployment in cloud environments. Provides leadership across the organization for IT architecture issues, from strategic decision making down to the project planning and delivery level. Define IT systems architectures, developing and maintaining a formal description of the systems and ensuring that applications and data are properly integrated across the enterprise and supported by appropriate IT infrastructures. Lead architecture quality control throughout all stages of projects. Lead vendor services related to IT systems selection and implementation. Facilitates the establishment and implementation of standards and guidelines that guide the design of technology solutions including architecting and implementing solutions requiring integration of multiple platforms, operating systems, and applications across the enterprise. Document detailed designs for IT systems architectures and develop other modelling artifacts.
Reporting to the Director Technology Architecture, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Lead our systems and integration normalization, standardization, and performance by driving the deployment of infrastructure workloads into the hybrid-IT space. Optimizing organizational consumption of the platform(s) by providing deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers’ cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers.
- Provide architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to the Business and Systems Analysts and Operating Systems, Database and Application Administrators to provide them with the knowledge and basis to base their decisions on.
- Drive design, architecture and integration discussions about the business while coaching the technical team in the development of the technical architecture.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the company’s strategic business plans to ensure recommendations and the design of information systems reflects this.
- Lead the definition of technical standards and guidelines that pertain to information use, security, access and governance, to ensure that the systems and information are available to the right people and used for the right purposes.
- Review and approve project technical deliverables to ensure that they are architecturally sound and in alignment with FCL systems strategic integration architectural direction. Reviews and advises on risks, costs, benefits, and impact on the enterprise business processes and goals.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of IT initiatives and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness, flexibility and stability for the organization.
- Maintain and ensure that all components of the IT systems architecture are properly integrated and implemented.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work and related education experience. 8+ years’ experience in IT designing and implementing IT systems architectures within a diverse application landscape. Hands-on experience implementing and supporting all aspects of IT systems architecture. Deep understanding of cloud infrastructure technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends, and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solutions/projects). Extensive experience with IT systems architecture, integration methods/tools, or technology architecture. Specific experience in one or more of the following: Azure Active Directory / Microsoft Office 365, Azure Implementation, Azure virtual servers, database services, and integration solutions, Azure machine learning solutions, Amazon web services, IBM Watson, IBM Cloud Identity, VMWare Virtualization, Project planning and project leadership experience. TOGAF 9 certification preferred.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Feb 08 2019Apply