Senior Manager Advisory (temporary, up to 12 months)
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturFederated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Senior Manager, Human Resources Advisory Services (temporary up to 12 months) in our home office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
The Senior Manager, Human Resources Advisory Services – Home Office provides leadership and guidance to the HR Advisors through effective working relationships to proactively identify and collaborate on areas where HR Advisory Services can add strategic value to the organization. This position coaches and supports HR Advisors on all complex HR-related issues to ensure best practices are consistently established, and aligned with business needs. The Senior Manager also identifies barriers to organizational priorities and success and supports appropriate evolution and change to applications and practices. Partnering with other HR leaders and functions to identify, develop and deliver projects to align with business objectives and address talent management needs. The Senior Manager leads the Organizational Design function in the application of a consistent framework and supporting tools for Advisors in the execution of org design activities with wholesale and retail clients.
Reporting to the Director, HR Advisory Services, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Lead and guide the Advisory team in providing advice and guidance to business units and departments on all human resources issues (labour and employee relations and all aspects of talent management). Lead labour relations activities such as labour/management meetings and provide support to Labour Relations team through, grievances, mediations, arbitrations and collective bargaining. Ensure a consistent approach to HR issues at Home Office and Distribution Centres by fostering positive working relationships at all levels. Lead and partner with internal clients to guide through change management initiatives by defining strategy, process and support tools to address needs such as organizational structures and designs, performance and change management and conflict resolution. The Manager will establish guidelines and principles pertaining to strategy, planning, communication and reflection as to the effectiveness of change and its implementation.
- The Senior Manager assists in the development of projects and initiatives as a strategic stakeholder, including but not limited to performance management, workforce planning, compensation, individual development and succession plans.
- Actively builds dynamic working relationships and trusted partnerships within client groups by building and maintaining a working knowledge of the business environment and leveraging that understanding when providing advice and support.
- Collaboratively works with the specialized HR functions to develop innovative, timely and cost-effective best practice HR initiatives. Develops highly effective relationships across the HR department and works closely with team members to plan and deliver HR projects and initiatives.
- Creates and administers the Home Office Human Resources Advisory Services budget including consideration of separation/exit costs. Contributes strategies/initiatives and action steps in the annual business planning process to align with business units and organizational objectives.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and development for Senior HR Advisor, Home Office Human Resource Advisors, Senior HR Specialist – Org Design and HR Coordinator and indirectly to HR Advisors supporting Distribution Centres and Administrative Assistants. This will be accomplished by providing direction, guidance and coaching on decision making; thinking strategically (developing practices and policies); sharing organizational and business unit vision; ensuring their work is aligned and structured to support business unit vision/attain business goals/support strategy; assigning stretch assignments/projects, and by ensuring alignment with our brand. Feedback is provided informally on an ongoing basis and formally through the performance management process.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a Degree with preference for Commerce, Business Administration or Human Resources. Minimum 8+ years of progressive Human Resource experience out of which 4 years is direct managerial experience in HR. Strong strategic and business awareness and capabilities and change management experience are assets. CPHR required.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mar 29 2019Apply