Senior JDE Finance Systems Analyst
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. FCL is one of Saskatchewan’s top employers and Canada’s greenest employers. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Senior JDE Finance Systems Analyst in our Home Office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
The Senior Finance Systems Analyst JDE supports JDE Financial modules, namely G/L, A/P, A/R and F/A. The Senior JDE Finance Systems Analyst owns, facilitates, and fosters the successful delivery of solutions, assessing and communicating issues of technological impacts on business, and measuring and reporting the level of service being delivered. This individual demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of subject matter surrounding current and evolving JDE solutions, industry standards, best practices, root cause analysis, opportunities, and training. This role also works with cross-functional project teams consisting of technical and business unit team members. A high degree of political savviness is required to manage relationships within the business and with vendors. Managing expectations, translating business needs into system requirements, and liaising with IT PMO teams and business SME’s are key aspects of the role.
Reporting to the Senior Applications Manager, JDE, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Provide functional support of JD Edwards Finance and Accounting modules namely General Ledger, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, Fixed Assets, Job Cost and any additional system interfaces.
- Work with business and JD Edwards teams to define, design, test, and support JD Edwards Finance and Accounting modules.
- Create functional requirements, program functional specifications, validate specifications as an input to application design.
- Work as key liaison with the Finance and Accounting departments, supporting all information technology requirements.
- Management of key initiatives in process/system improvements, upgrades, migrations onto all Finance and Accounting systems.
- Lead cross-functional integrated teams to address business and adoption issues.
- Assist with training documentation that may use course authoring tools like UPK.
- Act as a SME, provide input into new release/features recommendation/education.
- Assist in troubleshooting technical issues, perform root cause analysis, resolve data integrity problems, ensuring that any out-of-balance conditions do not exist
- Where required, management of key initiatives in process/system improvements, upgrades, and/or migrations of existing Finance and Accounting systems. This involves identifying and scoping work for project teams or vendors.
- Assist Applications Manager JDE in ensuring all daily routing, batch jobs, and other reports are successfully completed in the correct order
- Prepare test data for developers and business analysts for Quality Assurance (QA) tasks
- Keep abreast with latest developments in the industry as related to JDE Application usage through publications, conferences, and web resources. Disseminate such information to the related users with a view to promoting usage of JDE solutions within FCL to enhance return on existing investments made.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Finance, or a related field and 7 - 10 years of progressive experience in understanding and integrating existing systems and technology, leveraging emerging technologies utilizing industry standards and best practices with an emphasis on financial accounting. This includes 3 years specializing in JDE, including experience with full-cycle JDE financial product suite implementation. Experience in implementation and support for General Ledger, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, Fixed Assets, and Job modules using JD Edwards Enterprise One (8.12 or above). Experience in providing application development, support, or business system solution/product/service strategies and directions with large, distributed, complex systems. Experience with other JD Edwards modules is an asset. A designation such as CGA, CPA or CMA is an asset.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mar 22 2018Apply