Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Senior Business Intelligence Analyst in our home office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Under the direction of the Senior Manager Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence, the Senior BI Analyst uses their subject matter expertise and in-depth knowledge to analyze business requirements; participate on design review of data mart; designs, develops and tests Cognos BI Metadata Models and Reports/Visuals; Provides guidance/support on Quality Assurance, Performance, and Operational Tests; Implements, administers and supports BI apps and information governance; Progressively document designed and developed applications. This position will collaborate with the rest of the Business Intelligence/Data Integration team to create synergies and provide knowledge transfer within the team.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Develops and unit tests solutions using BI tools. Code promotion to various environments.
- Analyzes business requirements and translates into BI architectural/technical solution. Solutions cover data warehouse/data marts, presentation visuals – reports, charts and dashboard, OLAP, and analytical models.
- Conducts system test on developed solutions and packages. Supports Quality Assurance or Performance Testing.
- Participates on reviews of business requirements, solution/design, test strategy and planning, test cases, and implementation planning. Provides sign-off on reviews where required.
- Progressively documents design, solution, metadata, and operational requirements including business continuity plan and procedures. Defines/develops development/coding standards.
- Deploys and operationally tests solutions/packages.
- Explores, researches, and recommends new BI technology approaches or solutions.
- Performs data analysis, data quality audits/reviews, statistical analysis and data mining.
- Participates on project activities related to BI deliverables including planning, prioritization and scheduling, risk management, and issue resolution. Provides project deliverables status.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related fields. 10+ years IT experience, of which 7+ years development experience in Cognos (10.x, 11.x), OLAP, ETL tools, data mining and analytics; 5+ years of Data warehouse design and development; 5+ years on databases like Oracle, DB2, MS SQLServer, and Netezza ; 4+ years on Cognos Server administration and security; Strong Unix/Linux OS knowledge. Experience on other BI tools like Business Objects, MicroStrategy, and Hyperion is an asset. Experience on IBM MDM and SPSS is an asset. Retail Industry experience is an asset. Certified Cognos Developer on Metadata Models required. Preference for: Certified Cognos Developer on Data Warehouses, OLAP Models, Scorecard, BI Reports Designer, BI Multidimensional Reports or Administration. SPSS certification is an asset. MS Office Proficiency.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Dec 23 2018Apply