Retail Pricing Specialist
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca
FCL invites applications for the position of Retail Pricing Specialist in our Home Office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
The Home and Building Solutions (HABS) Retail Pricing Specialist controls, sends, and oversees HABS item prices for the CRS (excluding promotional pricing). Through maintenance of costs and analysis of identified competitive markets, this position aims to provide retail prices so retails may be competitive, profitable, and current within their market.
Reporting to the Retail Pricing Manager (Food), responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Create HABS Retail pricing strategies that align with the financial goals of the HABS category management teams across HABS/Ag/Food retails. Pricing strategies will be created and maintained by setting target margins, identifying item classes, determining competitive pricing rules, setting price associations and price generation rules.
- Analyze and assign retail pricing as it pertains to HABS items being sold in Home, Ag, and Food retails. By utilizing the Retalix HQ pricing software, any product changes in the mainframe (ie. cost change, category change, new items, etc.) prompts the retail pricing specialist to review the prices. Prices are reviewed, and determined, for each price strategy and cost zone. Maintenance of the Price Strategies and Cost Zones are required on an ongoing basis to ensure retails remain competitive within their markets. As well, continual evaluation of rules based pricing parameters such as Category target margins, Price Links, Spread and Parity rules, Rounder rules, etc. are conducted on a weekly basis.
- Roll out of HABS central pricing to HABS/Ag/Food retails. Coordinate and work with FCL POS, Regions and Retails. Communicate ‘Best Practices’ as it pertains to MI9, Tronia, and ISS45 point of sale systems. Train and assist retail personnel as needed to ensure transition to central pricing is clearly understood and seamlessly executed.
- Conduct competitive price analysis of defined contentious products. Price check lists are sent out weekly to price checkers. Upon completion, the price checks are returned and imported into Retalix HQ. Competitive price analysis is conducted and prices are set based on each specific strategies competitive price rule.
- Maintenance of all Price check lists, and competitive stores to be price checked within Retailix HQ pricing software. Preparation of lists, along with communication and co-ordination of all price checks, to and from price checkers.
- Assist and train HABS/Ag/Food personnel on ‘Best Practices’ as it pertains to HABS central pricing in each different Point of Sale (MI9, Tronia, and ISS45). This includes File Maintenance Best Practices and General informational Webex Sessions. Retail Pricing Specialists are also expected to work through day to day retail inquiries. In addition, work with IT dept. and HABS POS Coordinator on current issues and future enhancements to the programs utilized in the pricing department and Retail file maintenance (HQ, Mainframe, ePlum, Upload, ISS45, MI9, Tronia, Landing, Etc).
- Use of reporting tools (Category Analyzer, Toolbox, etc) to evaluate pricing decisions. Assist HABS department personnel with use of reporting tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a Business Diploma with 5-8 years' experience in the retail/wholesale industry (home and building industry experience is preferred). Or, a Bachelor's Degree with 3-5 years' experience in the retail/wholesale industry (home and building industry experience is preferred).
A combination of education and work experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Jun 20 2019Apply