Propane Operations Manager
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Propane Operations Manager in the Propane department at Home Office in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Supervise and guide Area Managers located in branch locations on a day-to-day basis. Support Talent Management process for branch management and direct reports. Ensure adequate resources are in place to achieve business plan results and are reflected in annual expense and capital budget. Responsible for asset management for all existing, replacement and additional assets required to operate department efficiently. Monitor branch operations to ensure efficient, safe and effective use of resources. Collaborate with other FCL representatives/departments on key initiatives effecting propane department.
Reporting to the Director, Propane, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Supervise, guide and direct Propane Area Managers located in branch locations on a day-to-day basis and support the Talent Management process for branch management and direct reports.
- Collaborate with propane branches and Region Human Resource departments on employee issues. Oversee each situation to ensure they are handled appropriately and within company policy.
- Confirm all required reports are completed and submitted by each branch and ensuring each branch is staying on track with objectives and follow up on items as required.
- Ensure all branch employees are adhering to company policies and safety and regulatory requirements along with identifying and leading department initiatives to maximize efficiencies
- Provide support to team members for asset management tasks including establishing and maintaining standards, preparing RFE’s (request for expenditures) for new or replacement assets and monitoring capital expenditures to make sure they stay within budget, and managing fixed asset ledger to ensure accuracy.
- Based on business plan and goals set for the year, collaborate with area managers to ensure adequate resources are in place to achieve results.
- Obtain input from branches and prepare annual consolidated expense and capital budgets for the department and present consolidated budget to Propane Director for approval.
- Collaborate with other FCL representatives/departments on key initiatives.
- Represent FCL’s interests by being an active member of the CPA (Canadian Propane Association) as well as any other industry association which may be beneficial.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a University degree in Business, Commerce or Marketing and 8-10 years in the Energy service industry out of which 5 years related to propane or petroleum operations and sales and in people management. Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, leadership and organizational skills. Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Jan 23 2019Apply