Pharmacy Retail Operations Co-ordinator
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturFederated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Pharmacy Retail Operations Co-ordinator in our Home Office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Under the direction of the FCL Pharmacy Operations Manager and the assistance of the Pharmacy Marketing and Operations Senior Manager the Pharmacy Retail Operations Coordinator assists approximately 70 pharmacies in the Co-operative Retailing System (CRS) in improving operational results through retail visitations and recommendations outlined in written reports. This includes innovation, score carding, merchandising standards, image, profitability, providing technical expertise to retail employees and managers, program implementation, flawless execution and the delivery of an exceptional customer experience. Assists with planning, and development of new projects such as: clinical programs, pharmacy floor layouts, new and renovated pharmacy openings, pharmacy safety, and government regulations. 75% travel required.
Reporting to the Pharmacy Operations Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Supports retail managers, and FCL Retail Facilities team through renovations and new store projects. Communicate and assist with the role out, implementation and marketing of pharmacy/clinical programs to retail staff. Ensure retails are appropriately updating and promoting their marketing material for new programs and professional services. Work with store managers to ensure a seamless store setup including tracking and ensuring Critical Pathway milestones are achieved for individual retail pharmacies.
- Enhance profitability in CRS pharmacies by identifying opportunities to improve sales, gross margins, expenses, productivity, and customer perception and reduce shrink to ensure product offering is meeting customer needs. Document opportunities and deficiencies on sales, margins, expense control, department efficiency, inventory controls, merchandising and marketing standards, security and government regulations.
- Take corrective action based on the analysis of current state of operations, taking into account the demographics and economics of the location. Determine the required actions that retail managers and employees must take to improve operations. Hold store managers accountable for execution of necessary change and take remedial action when required.
- Assists and supports retail department managers in execution of merchandising standards, improved sales, margin enhancement, and marketing programs. Assists with implementation of planograms and pharmacy floor layouts.
- Working with Regional Human Resources, identify retail employees with future management potential. Identify individuals and assist in the coordination of training for non-management mentorship, advance training, accelerated advance, 1 to 1 training,
- Recommend individuals and follow-up with retails to coordinate training opportunities.
- Work with retails to develop and maintain a succession plan. Work with Region Manager and Region Human Resources in the recruitment and placement of employees in the Co-op Retailing System. Assist in coordinating and facilitating webinars, region meetings and the annual conferences.
- Liaison between retails, home office and warehouse regarding: ordering, claims, service, program communication and general trouble shooting.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have either a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy Degree and 5-8 years of pharmacy experience. Preference for 3+ years of leadership or management experience.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mar 22 2019Apply