Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 200 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Network Manager in our home office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Under the direction of the Director, Infrastructure and Operations, the Network Manager will oversee architecture, deployment, configuration, optimization, support and maintenance of the internal / external network infrastructure and communication links that support both the corporate and retail business needs. Research, anticipate, plan and budget for future communication needs of the organization. The network infrastructure is composed of devices, geographically dispersed across western Canada. Managing a department budget, the Network Manager will also schedule and direct the activities of a team.
Reporting to the Director, Infrastructure and Operations, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Manage multiple concurrent projects or rollouts which are highly complex affecting multiple systems and users.
- Manage a department of employees including responsibility for hiring, training, career development and performance management and the departments.
- Responsible for negotiating and contracting with external contractors to perform projects and support existing network infrastructures as required. Work with retails to follow up on issues and status of contractor projects as situations arise.
- Conduct needs analysis and research to identify problems examining benefits and risks of the various systems and present and recommend solutions to the appropriate users.
- Plan and budget for new initiatives and future projects following the project portfolio process and approval.
- Manage productive relationship with new and existing vendors to deliver quality services as per the requirement and set standards
- Monitor network devices dispersed across western Canada to anticipate failures or problems and proactively implement solutions to them by reviewing logs and monitoring systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a University Degree is required. Computer Science/Engineering or related field is preferred and 8 years of network operations experience out of which 5 years in leading and guiding direct reports. Budgeting experience is required. ITIL, PMP, and relevant field certifications would be an asset. Recent Experience with the following is considered an asset: Cisco Nexus Routers and Switches; Cisco VOIP Infrastructure; Fortinet, Fortigate routers, Fortimanager; Palo Alto Firewall; F5 load Balancer; ; LAN/WAN; Cabling standards; WAN Optimizers; Network Monitoring Tools. Network related certifications are an asset: CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate), CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional), CCIE (Cisco Certified Internet Expert), CCSP (Cisco Certified Security Professional), CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional).
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mar 01 2018Apply