Lubricant Product Manager
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Lubricant Product Manager in our home office located in Saskatoon, SK.
The Lubricant Product Manager is responsible for the development, maintenance, optimization and performance levels of all lubricant products supplied by CRC. This role collaborates closely with the Lube Oil Facility Manager to refine and implement process changes, identify short and long term improvements in our operations and drive our quality assurance (QA) program. The Product Manager oversees all components of our vendor relationship program, including negotiations and selection for a variety of inputs including base oils, chemical performance packages, packaging materials and finished products. This role provides technical leadership and support to the entire lubricant team this includes overseeing the development and maintenance of all specification and/or compliance documentation. Team support includes the coaching of the Lubricant Product Coordinator to correctly manage product application inquiries, supporting the Marketing team in the creation of technically accurate sales materials and the development and management of a best practices library.
Reporting to the Director, Lubricant & Fuels, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Responsible for the physical performance of the CRS’s lubricant portfolio through the development and implementation of product strategies that align with both business objectives and the sales direction established by marketing. Implement and manage a blend maintenance program that drives optimization and works to balance / improve our input component count, blend costing and in-use performance of products. In close collaboration with the Lube Oil Facility and CRC direct our QA program including any adjustment to existing, or addition(s) of new processes to ensure our quality commitments are adhered to.
- Provide Technical leadership and strategic guidance to the entire Lubricant team to support each respective group achieving their goals. Collaborate and work very closely with the Lube Oil Facility to realize shared objectives and develop / implement long term strategic plans. Support the Marketing team through the transfer of technical knowledge including application assistance, the development of technically accurate marketing materials and site surveys if required. Lead and support the training / development of the Lubricant Product Coordinator including the identification of courses to support improved technical knowledge.
- Manage and refine our vendor relationship program including the processes and frequency in which we go to market for various inputs. Oversee the vendor qualification and selection process and manage the implementation method employed to ensure that the onboarding of a new vendor occurs smoothly from a production perspective.
- Work closely with the Lubricant Marketing team to share industry and product knowledge acquired through vendor and association meetings. Collaborate with the Lubricant Marketing Manager in the development of regular reports, the creation of the annual department budget, marketing plans, priority sequencing and in refining the growth plan.
- The Product Manager will evaluate and where appropriate represent FCL’s interest and/or participate in industry associations that support our larger organizational objectives and/or elevate our industry knowledge and/or position.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Science with a Chemistry major, Engineering degree (applications engineer) with a mechanical or chemical focus or B.Comm. with related experience and 10+ years of combined petroleum and lubricant experience with a preference for 5+ years of experience in lubricants.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Feb 20 2019Apply