Lubricant Marketing Analyst
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Lubricant Marketing Analyst in our home office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Under the direction of the Lubricant Sales and Marketing Coordinator, the Lubricant Marketing Analyst will assist with the implementation of the lubricant growth plan and provide customer service support to Retail Co-operatives, Internal/external customers and project stakeholders.
Reporting to the Lubricant Sales and Marketing Coordinator, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- The Lubricant Marketing Analyst will be tasked with researching, documenting and presenting market reports on competitive products available in the Lubricant market. This information will be required to support marketing decisions in relation to product introductions and repositioning activities. The incumbent will support the Lubricant Marketing team by participating in the development of our annual marketing plans and work closely with the Sales and Marketing Coordinator and Marketing and Communications to design impactful customer facing materials in a variety of formats that include print, digital, social media, etc. Provide assistance to centralized marketing activities as required including tradeshows, product launch/promotional events and annual bookings and centralized sales. From a support perspective, the incumbent will provide assistance to both the product and marketing sections in relation to system and program maintenance, as processes and programs evolve the level of support is expected to be modified accordingly.
- The incumbent will be charged with managing our customer interactions as needed from a support perspective. They will provide customer support by interacting with clients through all forms of communication. This will include, but is not limited to: managing the daily operations of our commercial claim process including the annual rebate approval process, sourcing and providing invoices to customers on request, correcting customer pricing errors, maintaining the online lubricant order form and providing support for lubricant departmental productivity and efficiency initiatives such as bookings, promotions, new product launches, organization of the lubricant product offer on the mainframe/I: drive, etc.
- Improve our digital presence and support the Sales and Marketing Coordinator in achieving our annual digital marketing objectives. These activities will change regularly but will typically include supporting the development of updates and new content for our internal commodity website and social media channels. Additional focus will be placed on better utilization of the Co-op App (by the lubricants section), improvements in digital marketing and supporting the lubricants team by acting as a contributor on the CRS HUB Portal.
- Support will be provided to our Fuel Team initiative and more generalized Lubricant training programs. Specific activities will vary with the training at hand but will include liaising with other departments (Petroleum / Propane / M&C) to designing materials, establishing schedules, and coordinating the physical training activity (in-house, external, webinars, communication, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a University Degree. Preference given to business or marketing. 1-3 years of marketing, analytical, or sales experience. Preference given to candidates with Lubricant industry experience. Solid understanding of computer applications, specifically Microsoft Office.
A combination of education and work experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Jun 18 2019Apply