IT Vendor Control Administrator
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of IT Vendor Control Administrator in our home office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
The IT Vendor Control Administrator works closely with Innovation Directors and Managers by providing vendor management support, through standardization of contract administration and reporting. The incumbent works with managers to monitor budgets, timelines and risks as well as documenting and communicating key decisions to the entire project team. Working closely with IT teams, they will coordinate the creation and maintenance of project work, plan meetings and schedules, and follow up to ensure task deadlines are met and project sign-offs are executed as required.
Reporting to the IT Controls and Governance Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Process all vendor invoices, check for accuracy, confirm discrepancies against timesheets and legal agreements, obtain approvals when required, work with the Tax and Accounting teams and understand their requirements. Translate these requirements to the Innovation Team, maintain and organize vendor documentation, and work with managers/directors to address errors.
- Responsible to organize and manage all vendor related documentation, including agreements, amendments, statement of works, changes, IT Policy acknowledgements, etc. Monitor and validate vendor and Innovation team’s compliance to documentation requirements / policies, including billing requirements, timesheet approvals, billing references, rate validations, etc.
- Provide regular analysis and reports to Managers, and senior leadership with regards to vendor spend and burn rate. Ensure financial forecasts and commitments are enforced as dictated by approved agreements. Provide overall vendor spend report as well as individual, per project or per functional area. Track and report duration of contracts, while ensuring contract validity. Communicate policy updates to contractors and FCL as a whole for acknowledgment and acceptance.
- Play a crucial role in continuously identifying opportunities for improvement to ensure efficiency and quality service to the Innovation team. Research best practices, provide gap analysis and provide input into improving activities such as sourcing, invoicing, document controls, document naming convention, retention policies, use of tools, approval workflows, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a Undergraduate Degree majoring in Business, Computer Science, or related field, or an appropriate combination of education and experience. 1-3 years of experience, including experience with invoice processing and enterprise financial systems, value stream mapping and process improvement and cost/budget analysis. Experience working with and understanding IT contracts is an asset.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apr 18 2019Apply