Human Resources Specialist, Benefits
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of HR Specialist, Benefits in the Total Rewards department at the home office in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Under the direction of the Benefits and Wellness Manager, the HR Specialist, Benefits is responsible for supporting the development, implementation and evaluation of benefit programs, policies and strategies. Recommendations on benefit policy, plan design and program development will be based on research, data analysis, best practices and the needs of the CRS. Recommendations take into consideration legal impact, regulatory impact, internal and external systems impact and Labour Relations.
Reporting to the Benefits and Wellness Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Analyze the Benefit plan design including key metrics for the Co-operative Retailing System (CRS) and make recommendations for changes and/or enhancements to the design. This includes assisting in the development and implementation of complex projects such as Short Term Disability program, changes and/or enhancements to the Long Term Disability, Extended Health Care, Life Insurance programs. Ensure compliance with all legal requirements associated with various employee benefits programs for varying jurisdictions and legislation across Western Canada. Understand and evaluate the impact of changes to internal clients including Labour Relations and systems, incorporating impact into the recommendations. Collaborate with a variety of key stakeholders to ensure outcomes of benefit changes align with the business goals. Ensure integration of recommendations with other programs/initiatives including Wellness.
- Administer benefit programs and respond to queries from internal stakeholders regarding benefit plan design and programs. Provide knowledge transfer and support to Talent Insight Solution teams, HR Advisory Services and Payroll by responding to questions and inquiries regarding the interpretation of the benefits policy for the CRS. Responsible for managing the DC plan for the CRS. Act as a liaison between CSS and FCL in regards to the DC plan. Answer complex DC plan questions and inquiries from internal clients. Responsible for tracking, logging and maintaining policy and procedure changes.
- Lead the development and implementation of processes required for the continual review of benefit related policies. Analyze and review benefits policies, research best practices and analyze impact to inform recommendations to the Benefits and Wellness Manager.
- Analyze Benefit plan program outcome data and measure results. Evaluate and report on program effectiveness, regulatory changes (both current and pending) and benchmarking to best practices, for the purpose of making recommendations for future program enhancements or modifications. Ensure solutions are being proposed in response to the changing needs of employees and retails balanced with market trends and regulatory needs.
- Create and deliver education material and information sessions for new benefits initiatives. Provide support/orientation to key stakeholders across the organization on all enhancements to the benefit plan design.
- As required, provide general support to the Benefit & Wellness function as a whole. Support the Wellness Specialist in the overall wellness strategy for the CRS.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a Degree with a preference for Commerce or Business Administration. 3-5 years’ experience in analyzing and/or administering benefits programs. CPHR and/or CEBS designations are considered an asset.
A combination of education and work experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
May 21 2019Apply