Financial Planning Analyst
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Financial Planning Analyst in our home office located in Saskatoon, SK.
Financial Planning Analyst is responsible for forecasting short-term and long term business goals for all FCL business units. Provide assistance in the development and execution of financial models and tools to allow for routine analytical reviews of company and business unit financial and operational performance. Provide technical guidance on key finance initiatives and participate in special projects as a finance subject matter expert.
Reporting to the Manager Financial Planning and Analysis, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Update and maintain both the short-term and long-term FCL consolidated earnings, cash flow and capital structure forecasting models for all business units.
- Work collaboratively with all the FCL business units, Co-op Refinery Complex and Corporate Accounting to compile annual capital budgets.
- Review all FCL and CRC request for expenditures (RFE), and ensure that submissions are in compliance with FCL Policies.
- Perform RFE post audits.
- Provide RFE guidance/training and assist in completing robust financial analysis relating to capex requests.
- Participate as a key finance member in acquisition/divestiture projects.
- Provide guidance and financial expertise on strategic initiatives.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports relating to RFE’s, capital spending, capital structure, patronage and forecasted earnings.
- Perform market research relating to various industries and topics.
- Update and maintain FCL’s corporate discount rates, and recommend changes when appropriate.
- Contribute to key Finance related projects and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor of Commerce. Major in Finance will be preferred and 5-7 years of financial forecasting/modelling and capital budgeting work experience. Demonstrate knowledge of key corporate finance concepts. Professional Accounting or Finance designation (CA, CMA, CGA or CFA). Ongoing continued professional development in the track of Corporate Finance in cash flow forecasting, valuation, etc. Experience with financial modelling and forecasting required. Experience with mergers, acquisitions and business development opportunities analysis would be considered an asset. Strong analytical, problem solving, communication and negotiation skills.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mar 19 2018Apply