Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Credit Manager in our home office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Under the leadership of the Senior Manager, FP&A and Credit, the Credit Manager is responsible for the overall direction and management of the credit function overseeing accounts receivable for over 8,000 customers. Leads the credit department to ensure it is operating efficiently and effectively through continuous review of technology, policies, procedures, and training.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, FP&A and Credit, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Oversee and monitor credit reviews of customer accounts.
- Change credit limits as appropriate.
- Analyze high risk accounts and mitigate potential loss associated. Annually prepares the allowance doubtful accounts for FCL’s financial statements. Propose accounts to be written off.
- Work with Business Units to assist in evaluating supply chain credit risk to the organization.
- Assess and minimize risk associated with pre-payment requests and supply agreements.
- Provide input and wording for terms and conditions on contracts involving FCL based on review of the organization involved.
- Oversee collection activity and act as resource for accounts that are in bankruptcy or CCAA protection both in Canada and US.
- Update and maintain the corporate credit policy by continuously monitoring corporate risk appetite, industry trends and changes to law and technology.
- Oversee and monitor the credit granting process for all customers with credit of the FCL group of companies. Collaborate with the commodity groups to communicate account issues to appropriate business units and ensure minimal delays.
- Manage relations with collection agencies and other credit bureaus and negotiating terms/contracts.
- Establish department objectives by setting appropriate targets by benchmarking results with appropriate metrics and ensuring they support FCL’s overall goals and objectives.
- Provide ongoing training through credit courses and formal/informal training sessions for CRS Credit professionals and Managers.
- Provide leadership to ensure team members have an environment that supports a highly engaged team focused on customer service, best practice and continuous improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting. Minimum of 8+ years of overall Finance related experience which includes: 5+ years of experience in credit analysis or collections and 3+ years in a supervisory role or leading teams. Accounting Designation required. Certified Credit Professional (would be considered an asset). Experience with JDE (would be considered an asset).
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mar 27 2019Apply