Building Operations Supervisor
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Building Operations Supervisor in our home office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
The Building Operations Supervisor oversees the day to day operations and maintenance of the Home Office facilities and ensures that FCL Home Office and associated buildings are safe and secure. Provides leadership and guidance to a team of 2 Senior Building Operators, 3 Building Operators, 1 Building Operations Associate, 1 Shipper/Receiver and 11 Housekeepers. Engages, oversees, and manages contract services for the buildings. Schedules and ensures completion of all annual inspections and preventative maintenance activities. Acts as a management representative on the OH&S committee. Prepares the Home Office operations budget and ensures all services are delivered on time and on budget.
Reporting to the Buildings Operations Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Supervise 2 Senior Building Operators, 3 Building Operators, 1 Building Operations Associate, 1 Shipper/Receiver and 11 Housekeepers. Ensure that standard operating procedures are in place and are consistently followed. Provide leadership, onboarding/offboarding, training, and performance management.
- Prepare and review service requests and preventative maintenance tasks utilizing Asset Planner tool and ensure mandated inspection schedules are compliant at Home Office. Ensures required documentation is completed and filed as per standard practice.
- Supervises contract services and interacts with outside vendors as required. Communicate and coordinate service requirements with contractors where necessary. Discuss contractor recommendations.
- Supervise and communicate with Building Operators to maintain safe / effective operation of HVAC, chiller, boilers, data centre Liebert cooling units, backup generators and similar building components.
- Ensure daily operations meet regulatory compliance, insurance, WHMIS, life & safety requirements. Participate as the management OH&S representative.
- Supervise staff and contractors on major R&M initiatives. Coordinate closely with the Building Operations Manager.
- Manage furniture installations, modifications, alterations and repair as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a 4th Class Power Engineer license. Must possess, or be willing to obtain, a Refrigeration Engineer license. 8+ years of experience in building operations or facilities management out of which 3+ years is in a supervisory/leadership role. Knowledgeable of regulations related to life and safety, fire and protection systems. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Highly organized, results oriented and able to handle multiple projects concurrently. Working knowledge of MS Windows, Excel and experience with computerized maintenance systems. Establishment of consistent standard operation procedures for facilities, maintenance and housekeeping. Knowledge of refrigeration systems. Knowledge of commercial cleaning procedures and standards. WHIMIS, First Aid, AED training is required, or must be obtained once in the role. Building Systems Technician Certificate would be considered an asset.
A combination of education and work experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
May 24 2019Apply