Bakery Operations and Product Specialist
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Bakery Operations and Product Specialist in our home located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Under the direction of the Bakery Category & Operations Manager, the Bakery Operations and Product Specialist, provides commodity technical support to Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and Region teams. Keep all commodity program manuals, documents, and department standard operating procedures (SOP) current and up to date, assist Regions with annual clinic content, and ensure training manuals are current and distributed to all required stakeholders. In collaboration with the Bakery Category Management team, develop new, innovative and consumer relevant programs and products that improve consumer scorecard ratings and operational results. Review and update procedures and maintenance manuals and distribute to Region and Retail Managers as required. Work with the Food Safety Manager to ensure all NFT panels and ingredient declarations are current and accurate. Assist Region Retail Sales Coordinator (RSC) team with troubleshooting and provide recommendations on all retail technical issues. Assist in development and ongoing execution of C-Store transfer program that is streamlined for operations and profitable for retails and C-Stores. Meet with vendors and vendor technicians to develop, or improve existing products and programs to meet consumer needs.
Reporting to the Bakery Category & Operations Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Provide technical and commodity support to the Bakery team at FCL and Regions.
- Maintain and update all training, recipes, formula, and procedures manuals.
- Propose new differentiation and consumer relevant products and programs to the Bakery Category & Operations Manager that will enhance retail performance and profitability.
- Work in collaboration with the Category Management team to provide products needed for category growth and improved retail profitability. Assists and supports Retail Department Managers in execution of merchandising standards, improved sales, margin enhancement, and marketing programs.
- Work with the Food Safety Manager to ensure all NFT and ingredient declarations are current in Co-Operative Retailing System (CRS) Bakery Departments and C-Store transferred products.
- Provide speed-to-market plans for all new products and programs. Work with the Category Management team to ensure product placement, pricing, and marketing are in place for the product launch and beyond.
- In collaboration with the Bakery Category & Operations Manager, assist with project planning in retails where new or renovated projects are identified and follow through to project completion.
- Annual travel of 25% is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a Journeyperson Baker Certification and 10 years bakery related experience in the retail/wholesale food industry. Post-secondary education in business or marketing is considered an asset. Bakery management experience in an urban market preferred. Food Safety Certification. Familiar with Microsoft Office Programs and Genesis Software is an asset.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mar 20 2018Apply