Accounting Technician – Retail Accounting Support
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Accounting Technician – Retail Accounting Support in the Retail Operations department at home office in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
The role of the Retail Accounting Support Technician is to provide patronage/equity support to retails. This includes balancing and preparing equity statements, preparing withholding tax payments, modifying procedures to accommodate program enhancements and maintaining patronage/equity files. This position will also provide backup support for the Senior Accounts Receivable Technician.
Reporting to the Retail Accounting Supervisor, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Monitor, maintain and provide support for patronage/equity systems through the Retail Member Master (RMM), files, and reports
- Balance, prepare and mail equity statements, cheques, T4As and charge-outs.
- Organize, schedule and submit edit & actual T4A statement runs for assigned retails. Coordinate CRA responses regarding T4A statements.
- Submit edit & actual runs for equity statements, cheques and check output as requested.
- Create and balance patronage/equity runs and audit processed data. Follow up on errors and provide support to assist the retails in the correction of patronage/equity data errors. Review exception reports and follow up with the retail to ensure the allocation is as accurate as possible in order to identify potential errors which could have a financial impact on the retail as well as FCL’s relationship with the retails.
- Prepare withholding tax payments and create debit memos for assigned retails. Must be done within required deadlines to mitigate risk of financial penalty to the department.
- Prepare and submit annual Retail Member Master (RMM) purges for retails and complete Customer Master File (CMF) updates.
- Modify procedures to accommodate program enhancements and update manuals as required. Assist in the testing of program changes.
- Provide support to retails on ongoing and year end patronage/equity instructions. Provide general inquiry support for patronage/equity systems, programs and enhancements, reports and procedures to retails and department employees. Strong communication skills are vital to effectively provide this service.
- Provide backup support in Accounts Receivable as required. This may include but is not limited to, assisting retails and FCL staff with questions relating to the on-line Accounts Receivable system, coordinating with ISM to correct errors in programs, and assisting with EFT inquiries and balancing equity checks daily.
- Maintain patronage/equity files as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a High School diploma and two post-secondary courses in financial accounting (from an accredited post-secondary institution). Two (2) years of relevant accounting experience. Preference will be given to candidates with experience related to the applicable functional area. TSO and related systems experience is considered an asset.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Dec 19 2018Apply