Propane Driver/Sales Representative (2 positions)
Grande Prairie AB
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. For more information, visit www.fcl.crs.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 180 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Propane Driver/Sales Representative in our Propane Branch Office located in Grande Prairie, Alberta.
The Propane Driver/Sales Representative is required to schedule and carry out propane orders deliveries while promoting the sale and use of Co-op propane in adherence to safety standards. This includes responding to inquiries and completing administrative duties as required. Overtime required to complete regular scheduled deliveries and be prepared to do emergency deliveries on evenings/weekends.
Reporting to the Propane Area Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Promote the sale and use of Co-op propane.
- Provide customer service to all retail personnel, customers, and co-workers in a helpful and respectful manner, and refer any concerns to the supervisor for action.
- Accept, schedule and carry out propane deliveries in the most efficient manner possible.
- Become familiar with the operation of the computerized Propane Sales Management System (PSMS) and carry out administrative responsibilities as required.
- Ensure all necessary preventative maintenance procedures are carried out on company vehicles driven, plus maintain all tools and equipment in safe working order and to report any problem areas to the supervisor.
- Observe and assess potential hazards involving customer tank installations and report concerns to the supervisor.
- Consistently adhere to all standard work procedures, policies, rules, regulations and guidelines.
- As required, and under the direct supervision of a qualified service technician, assist in completing installations and service work on propane equipment.
- The operation and service of truck cranes while following applicable standards during rigging, loading, securing and transporting of tanks and other equipment.
- Paint customer tanks as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a Grade 12 diploma and Class 3A license required. Experience delivering compressed gas products preferred. Must be in good health and be psychically fit to perform all duties and responsibilities.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with FCL policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mar 28 2019Apply